Friday, November 20, 2009

Sticky Toffee Pudding

Around Easter earlier this year, I made my way up to Cumbria for a week of work experience with a Savile Row tailor who is now based there. On my last night, the tailor very generously brought his fiance and myself to dinner at Sharrow Bay in the Lake District, the establishment credited with either having invented the original Sticky Toffee Pudding, or at least come up with one of the nicest versions of it. It was my first time trying sticky toffee pudding, and while the rest of the dinner was very good, I have been reluctant to try any other sticky toffee puds, for fear of ruining that glorious memory. Until...

Recently, I was leafing through one of my favorite cookbooks and came across.. the recipe for Sharrow Bay's sticky toffee pudding! It was a very nice surprise and I went out and got the requisite ingredients as soon as I finished my school assignments. And this was the result...



The process was almost as enjoyable as savouring it afterwards, if you don't keep tabs on the calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment